Frequently Asked Questions
What 465/69 Northeast contracts are now complete?
The following 465/69 Northeast projects are now open to traffic:
- I-465 from just east of US 31/Meridian Street to just west of the White River, including the Westfield Boulevard and North River Road bridges over I-465 (2010)
- I-465/Keystone Avenue interchange (2011)
- 75th Street from Binford Boulevard to Shadeland Avenue, including the 75th Street bridge over I-465 (2011)
- 82nd Street bridge over I-465 (2011)
- I-465/Allisonville Road interchange
Why are some portions of the projects no longer scheduled for construction?
The contracts to reconstruct the I-465/I-69 and I-69/82nd Street interchanges are not part of INDOT's rolling five-year plan. Each year, projects are re-evaluated for inclusion into the plan, but there is no timetable in which those contracts are expected to be reintroduced into the funded transportation plan.
Construction is underway on I-69, specifically near the 116th Street/State Road 37 interchange. Is this part of the 465/69 Northeast project?
Under a separate project, called Operation Indy Commute, INDOT plans to reconfigure the I-69 interchange at 116th Street/State Road 37 (SR 37) to alleviate the existing bottleneck, as well as add travel lanes on I-69 from I-465 to 116th Street. Visit Operation Indy Commute for more information.